Named the Best Sleep Inn in America 2017, this beautiful property and wonderful staff will make your stay memorable!
- Artist: Cally Bailey, Emily Bailey, and Tanner Streeter.
- Location: 19 S. National on the south side of Structured by Margo
I chose a bison because it’s the Kansas state animal. I love how colorful it is and that I got to work on it with my friends.
— Cally Bailey
The Future Belongs to Those Who Read (literary mural)
- Artist: Students of Winfield Scott, Fort Scott Middle School, and Fort Scott High School artists include: Emilea Barrett, Morgan Brillhart, Molly Claypool, Megan Conner, Maddi Cook, Raylee Cowan, Jessee Cox, Katelyn Dancer, Titus Dare, Elias Dare, Lilyanne DeAntoni, Abigail DeLoera, Kenlee Eden, Macyn Farmer, Dani Fritter, Kynlee Gillen, Jalynn Gonzales, Madison Hanson, Allie Hill, Megan Hunsaker, Bryleigh Hymer, Lillian Jackson, Holland Judy, Houstyn Judy, Lanie Krokroskia, Aryn Leavell, Wyatt Lundberg, Dayton Malone, Lucas Malone, Rylan Mason, Tegan Milburn, Emma Mix, Adelynn Nolan, Adelynn Nolan, Caroline Phillips, Kerigan Reynolds, Tabi Schilling, Joy Self, Traxton Sharp, Dave Smith, Beighlor Stepps, Wesley Toal, Levik Vann, Allisyn Wheeler, Kathryn Williams, Jersee Wood, and Lyn’Niah Young.
- Location: 14 E 2nd Street on the west side of the building
Greetings from Fort Scott
- Artists: Danyell Miles, Flo Tanner, Larry Amer, Berry Jones, Suzette Torres, Tegan Milburn, Macyn Farmer, Tabi Schilling, Kerigan Reynolds, Jessi Cox, Jessee Cox
- Location: 23 S. Main Street on the south side of Main Street Vintage and Co.
I really enjoyed all the sweet compliments that people would stop by to say as we painted…. I love how the murals give life and vibrancy to the downtown area.
— Danyell Miles
- Artist: Danielle Miles and Flo Tanner
- Location: 108 Scott Ave. on the north side of Angie Dawn’s Boutique
I am proud to have a mural of Sunflowers, the State Flower of Kansas, painted on the side of my building. It is a lovely tie-in to my business as we sell a line of Kansas made products and happen to use a sunflower in our logo. We have people stop and take pictures in front of it almost daily. Most will stop into the boutique to shop or to ask questions about what else there is to see in Fort Scott. They are such a great conversation starter for visitors. I cannot wait to see more murals around town!
— Angela Simon of Angie Dawn’s Boutique
- Location: 301 S National Ave. on the west side of First United Methodist Church
I was looking for ways to spark energy and excitement here in the church and to better connect the congregation with the community, as well as make our building more inviting and welcoming – to lower the threshold for those who might want to visit. A mural seemed a way to do all those things.
— Rev. Christopher Eshelman
Old Fort Mural
- Artists: Bre Eden, Cally Bailey, Emily Bailey and Katie Hueston
- Location: 3 N. Main St. on the south side of Iron Star Antiques & Such
Historic ambience and modern comforts align at the Courtland Hotel & Spa!
Whether you’ve had a full day of work, travel or play, we know all you want is a good night’s rest.