Lavender Fest II
Enjoy a day celebrating Lavender on a working Kansas Lavender Farm just outside the Fort Scott city limits!
Music, art, demonstrations, food, tours, & an opportunity to pick your own Lavender! It’s a family event!
FREE rides to Lavender Fest on Dolly the Trolley!
The Lavender Patch is a festive place! The Lavender Patch is a lavender agritourism farm, surrounded by wildflowers and prairie. During Lavender Fest. see how The Lavender Patch grows lavender and makes and sells products using natural lavender oil and buds.
Did you know that their are 15 ways you can benefit from Lavender?
According to 15 Beauty Benefits of Lavender Oil That’ll Make You a Believer by Maya Allen those benefits of Lavender include:
- Nervous System: Studies show the inhalation of lavender has a soothing and calming effect on the nervous system, making it a great alternative for alleviating stress, anxiety, depression, and fatigue.
- Nausea: Studies have demonstrated that inhaling lavender scent can relieve feelings of nausea or motion sickness.
- Headaches: Recent research says that inhaling lavender scent or massaging the oil into the temples, forehead, and neck (specifically behind your ears) can treat headaches.
- Sleep: Adding a few drops of lavender oil to a diffuser next to you bed at night can help relax the mind and the body and improve your overall sleep.
- Wounds: Applying a dilution of lavender oil and distilled water to a wound can help stimulate cell regeneration and heal the wound faster.
- Menstrual Cramps: Applying lavender oil to the abdomen during your menstrual cycle can help alleviate cramping.
- Skin Food: Lavender is packed with antioxidants that protect and nourish your skin, making it a perfect addition to any skincare formula.
- Chapped Lips: I love mixing lavender oil with coconut oil for the perfect lip balm to relieve chapped lips.
- Cold Sores: Lavender’s antimicrobial and antifungal properties make it an excellent choice to combat a cold sore.
- Acne: Lavender is antimicrobial and antibacterial. so it can be used to treat an acne flare-up or keep it at bay.
- Sunspots: Consistently using an oil with lavender in the formula can minimize the appearance of sunspots.
- Itchy Skin: Lavender is an anti-inflammatory, so it can be used to relieve inflamed and itchy skin caused by eczema or insect bites.
- Dandruff: I tell people to mix lavender with olive oil and massage it into the scalp to get rid of dandruff and other scalp imbalances.
- Hair Growth: Lavender also stimulates blood circulation, so it can greatly improve hair growth when applied to the scalp in an olive oil mixture.
- Fragrance: Lavender has a delightful floral yet clean scent, so using it as a fragrance is a great natural choice.